Board on Board
We have developed a local reputation for delivering unparalleled quality and innovation while keeping our promise of service and competitive pricing.
Are you in the market for a new privacy fence? Look no further than the classic and timeless board on board style. This type of wood fence not only provides ample privacy, but also adds natural beauty to your outdoor space. In this blog post, we’ll dive into everything you need to know about installing and maintaining a beautiful wood privacy fence in the popular board on board design. So grab a cup of coffee and let’s get started!
The Benefits of a Wood Privacy Fence
A wood privacy fence can offer many benefits to your home. It can provide privacy, security, and a beautiful addition to your landscape. Here are some of the benefits of a wood privacy fence:
1. Privacy: A wood privacy fence can offer you the privacy you desire in your own backyard. It can provide a barrier between you and your neighbors, and give you a place to relax and enjoy your time at home.
2. Security: A wood privacy fence can also offer security for your home. It can help keep intruders out, and keep children and pets safe inside your yard.
3. Beauty: A wood privacy fence can be a beautiful addition to your landscaping. It can add value to your home and make it more attractive from the street.
4. Functionality: A wood privacy fence can also be a functional addition to your home. It can provide a place to hang laundry, store gardening equipment, or keep bikes safe from thieves.
5. Durability: A wood privacy fence is a durable investment for your home. It will last for many years with proper care, and will not need to be replaced as often as other types of fences
The Different Types of Wood Privacy Fences
When it comes to wood privacy fences, there are many different types to choose from. Here are some of the most popular types of wood privacy fences:
1. Stockade Fence: A stockade fence is made up of solid panels that are attached to each other. The panels are usually made from spruce or pine and can be 6 feet tall or higher.
2. Picket Fence: A picket fence is a classic design that features evenly spaced vertical boards. Picket fences can be made from a variety of materials, but wood is the most common.
3. Shadowbox Fence: A shadowbox fence is similar to a stockade fence, but the panels are not attached to each other. This allows for better air circulation and reduces the risk of rotting.
4. Board on Board Fence: A board on board fence is constructed with overlapping boards that provide complete privacy. This type of fence is often used in commercial settings as it provides a high level of security.
5. Basket Weave Fence: A basket weave fence features interwoven boards that create a unique look. This type of fence is often used in decorative applications as it adds interest to any yard or garden.
How to Build a Wood Privacy Fence
Building a wood privacy fence is a great way to add security and privacy to your home. Here are some tips on how to build a wood privacy fence:
First, you will need to determine the size and location of your fence. You will also need to decide what type of wood you would like to use. Once you have these things decided, you can start gathering your materials.
Next, you will need to dig the holes for your posts. Be sure that they are deep enough so that the posts will be secure in the ground. After the holes are dug, you can begin installing the posts.
Once the posts are in place, you can start attaching the boards to the posts. Be sure that the boards are evenly spaced and that they are all level with each other. When you get to the last board, you may need to trim it down to fit.
Finally, you will need to attach a gate (if desired) and then stain or paint your fence. Once it is dry, your wood privacy fence is complete!
Board on board wood privacy fences are an excellent choice for those looking to increase their home’s visual appeal and security. Not only do they provide a strong barrier of protection but they also add beauty to the overall look of your property. With proper maintenance, these types of fencing will last for many years to come with minimal upkeep required. If you have any questions about installing or maintaining a board on board wood privacy fence, be sure to speak with an experienced professional who can help you make the best decision for your needs.